30. dec. 2011

THE ART OF CREATING A TOP 10 LIST!

I've always been keen on Top 10 lists and narrowing it down to what I experience the most in my everyday life (live shows) seemed like the biggest challenge; so here we go!

Needless to say, a Top 10 list is as subjective as it gets and it could not suit me better really. Specifically, in regards of this Top 10 list of what I consider to be the best live shows of 2011, I have paid attention to just about everything that gets me going. It's ranging from technical skills, theatrics, sheer volume, aggression, passion, crowd control and interaction, anticipation, settings, props and just about everything else in between.

That being said it's still been incredibly tough deciding for the final Top 10 for which reason I need to mention just a couple of shows that didn't make it - but just as well could have. E.g. Cock Sparrer at Astra in Berlin, Killing Joke at Roskilde Festival, Madball at The Rock in Copenhagen, Entombed at The Rock in Copenhagen, Volbeat at Store VEGA in Copenhagen, Buster Shuffle at Loppen in Copenhagen, Babylove & the van Dangos at Loppen in Copenhagen and last but not least Deer Bear at White Trash Fast Food in Berlin.

So with no more explaining needed - here is my Top 10 list of best live shows in 2011:

01. DANZIG (US), Amager Bio, Copenhagen, July 6th
02. L.O.C. (DK), Roskilde Festival, Roskilde, July 3rd
03. MORRISSEY (UK), Operaen, Copenhagen, July 11th
04. TERROR (US), Roskilde Festival, Roskilde, June 30th
05. ALCOHOLIC FAITH MISSION (DK), Lille VEGA, Copenhagen, February 26th
06. KELLERMENSCH (DK), Eurosonic, January 13th
07. ARCTIC MONKEYS (UK), Roskilde Festival, Roskilde, July 2nd
08. THE PEAWEES (I), BETA, Copenhagen, November 25th
09. SICK OF IT ALL (US), The Rock, Copenhagen, April 23rd
10. AUTOPSY (US), Roskilde Festival, Roskilde, July 2nd


Can't wait for the 2012 list!

Ingen kommentarer:

Send en kommentar